The links to each play will, sooner or later, expire.
I’m still keeping brief entries in Day One, but the application has still not added back the publishing capability, so I don’t have an easy way of sharing these. The links to each play will, sooner or later, expire.
The plays which I saw this quarter are listed below. Twelve play, about the right amount for 12 weeks. You can see the Sacramento area theaters I go to on my Theatre page. I have had a subscription to the SHN Theatres in San Francisco this year, which I’ve much enjoyed and have two performances left to see. I also went to the Berkeley Rep(ertory) Theatre this month and will attend more there in the future. I saw Angels in America, both parts, at TAAC (The Alternative Arts Collective), and after thinking about it for a long time, realized that my dissatisfaction was not with the local staging or actors, but with the play itself. It is too sprawling, too scattered, too much dialog rather than action to bring out the themes. I think my favorite of the quarter was Passion at New Helvetia Theatre, but there are several in close competition.
- 2014-03-16 Berkeley Rep: The House That Will Not Stand
- 2014-03-07 Green Valley Theatre: The Wild Party
- 2014-03-06 B Street: Wrong for Each Other
- 2014-03-01 Cap Stage: The Real Thing (again)
- 2014-02-28 Big Idea Theatre: The Merry Wives
- 2014-02-27 New Helvetia Theatre: Passion
- 2014-02-14 TAAC: Angels in America 2: Perestroika
- 2014-02-12 Cap Stage: The Real Thing
- 2014-01-24 Big Idea Theatre: When the Rain Stops Falling
- 2014-01-17 TAAC: Angels in America 1: The Millenium
- 2014-01-16 B Street Theatre: Elemeno Pea
- 2014-01-10 Runaway Stage: Young Frankenstein